Saturday, October 4, 2008

From farm to pie...



I picked some apples today. It was exciting! We actually arrived 30 minutes after it was suppose to close, though the owner greeted us merrily and welcomed us to partake of his delicious apples. Wandering around the trees was especially amusing, as I adore the quest for the best produce. After a short time, my bags were full of beautiful fruit and I was dreaming about all the things I could make with these fabulous specimens.

Three hours later...I enlisted Kyle to help create an apple pie. He was the crust man and I chopped and mixed the filling. Together we concocted a delicious apple and pomegranate treat.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have had a hard time staying ahead of the cows on the apples:) Gramy had a hard time staying ahead of the racoons, who got all of her grapes! We did make one batch of apple sauce, dried a bunch of pears, and have plans to make some apple butter. Ahhh fall, isn't it great?
James got a deer, but it is okay, it was a vegetarian. (Joke from LM)
the family on the Mohawk

Ruby's People said...

Glad to hear your family is also getting to enjoy the fruits of the fall. I'm hoping to do more apple picking and concocting, though we'll see if I make it back up to the orchards. There are, however, some persimmon trees around the neighborhood, so I may creatively dabble with that again if I find some "free boxes" like I did last year.